Goodreads: How It Has Changed/Helped My Life

Thursday 15 January 2015

Goodreads: How It Has Changed/Helped My Life

       

        Back in December 2012, my dearest mommy discovered the wonderful world of Goodreads for me. She's always been so fond and proud of my blogging and reading (where I feel like I have my own personal manager for) and one day she showed me the app of the website and I signed up immediately. From there, there was no looking back. Goodreads helps me in so many ways: track what I'm reading and what I'd like to read, find new books to my TBR, meet new people, and post my reviews on.

          So this is my current Goodreads profile (as of December 29, as I'm writing this early):


           (Hello lucky bloggy friends who are shown on my profile, by the way!)

      I feel so established when I look at my profile. All of the preteen and YA books that I've ever read are all established and programmed onto this gorgeous site/app, and it's my favourite website ever, as well as my blog and all of your sites, hehe. 

       I've always been thankful for the site, as I wouldn't be nowhere without it. I remember when the site had a minor issue back in the summer and the site was down—I felt like I couldn't survive. I NEEDED TO UPDATE, TO CHECK WHAT YOU WERE ALL READING. I guess after that, I realized my true love for it, haha.

        For those of you who don't have an account (which you are NUTS for not having but I support you), everything's basic and you'll understand it all quick as a jiffy. You log in, you get to see what your friends are reading, you get to keep track of the books you've read, are currently reading, and want to read, you get to update your status on the page you're on and your thoughts, write reviews, join groups, share recommendations, and SO MUCH MORE. How could I forget about saying that you can also enter giveaways?!

          Honestly; if you haven't added me onto your friends list, DO IT NOW!

How has Goodreads helped you? What's your favourite thing
about it?

6 comments :

  1. I love Goodreads! I'm always on it lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love GR! It was my first platform, book wise. But I was so lazy, tbh. I never really updated most of the books that I've read which confuses a lot of people. I just read so much of it before the whole blogging thing and honestly, I can't remember much of it anymore. The sad thing is, my GR has become so impersonal now. There's a bunch of people that I don't necessarily know and the reviewers that I love to read often get lost in those updates that have nothing to do with books (you know those group things and they send notifications to your top page like wtf). But hey, I'm still so fond of GR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I got GR way before blogging, LOL! Ah the NOOB days, I totally get you. I used to be so lost in how to use it and it wasn't until half a year later where I started using shelves there, LOL. I agree with that as well! There's so many people who I'm friends with but don't know and YESSS. LOL #GRISLIFE

      Delete
  3. I don't use GR as much anymore, but I was on it a lot when I discovered itXD Awesome discussion:) I'm writing one about GR challenges (mainly reading, but I mention GR). You can check it out tomorrow if you want:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S MY ADDICTION. I usually even post my reviews there first before the blog! I will check it out! :D

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!