My Reading Habits

Thursday 8 January 2015

My Reading Habits

     “If you don’t want to waste your time on thinking, start reading.”
― Aman Jassal, Rainbow - the shades of love
    Almost two years ago, I began blogging. But for all of that time before that, I've always been reading. No one in my family actually knows where my love of reading comes from, as it really isn't genetic as we can all see. I'm really the only bookworm in my family, and if you're a ghost and decide to spend a day with me out of the blue, you'll catch me reading and blogging for most of it.

      I guess as we all become more familiar with our surroundings, and in this case: our reading time, speed, ways, we develop habits that we usually find ourselves getting into daily, or weekly, or monthly. Now that I think about it, I do have a ton of things that I do while I'm reading, that are possibly strange, once in a while.

     
        From my usual ways, I'm so used to reading a book very quickly. I remember this one time, when I was probably 10 where I once read 9 BOOKS in one day. That has been the largest record, but hey, they were tiny pre-teen chick-lit books. 

         When I don't finish a book in a sitting or two, seeing the book on Goodreads or through its physical self gets annoying, and if it's there for more than three days, let's say—I will freak. But for me, if it's there longer than three days, then that means that I'm not liking it, haha.



         I used to think that it's so cool to read and listen to music at the same time. But for me, it's probably the most difficult thing, especially when I listen to my favourite songs or singers or bands like: 5 Seconds of Summer, Panic! at the Disco, Ariana Grande, Pierce the Veil, et cetera et cetera. Because from there, I begin listening to the lyrics and the tune and I stop paying attention to the book and I find that I'm just flipping the pages, not paying attention.

         I bet that a lot of you do it, though. WHY ME I WANT TO BE COOL. *jokes*


          Yeah, I guess we all have those moments when books aren't really working for us, right? But I feel like I take it to the maximum. I'm such a daydreamer, people. I've invented something called reading "procrastination."


           Except really, reading shouldn't be the chore. SO I SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY DROP THOSE SUCKY PROCRASTINATED BOOKS.


            I feel anxious and pressured when people watch me read, haha. I always kindly tell them to leave for privacy. I should honestly make a sign and slam it on my door to my room, saying, "CAUTION: DO NOT ENTER. READING IN PROGRESS." Now that I think about it, I do have a bookmark with that same phrase. *raises eyebrows*

             It's embarrassing, okay?!



           I can't even tell you the amount of times, and through counting my fingers and toes and eyeballs of the number of times I adored a book but didn't catch any quotes for it. I after feel so guilty because I want to SHARE AN EXCERPT WITH YOU GUYS and I've got nothin' because of my love. So next time you read one of my reviews and see that there aren't any quotes, remember that it was because (a) the book was too good, or (b) the book was hideous.

Hehe, those are my weird but true reading habits!
What are yours?

5 comments :

  1. I can't read and listen to music either! In fact, I find all sounds distracting if they're loud. I guess I really need to concentrate when I read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed Discussion Thursdays! I don't like people staring at me reading either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAHAHA as much as I would love to finish a book in one sitting, it's impossible because I'm so damn busy all the time. I like being in the sanctity of my own house when I read and I'm out of the house all the time nowadays which sucks (my social group seem to think otherwise. They're very glad that they see me nowadays LOL). Aaaah quotes...I catch the most quotes when I hate something, but I think it's because I'm much more aware, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's what I find myself having to deal with lately! The switch from elementary school to high school is treacherous and time's gone by and I have homework and studying, haha. LOL I agree! There are always those few memorable quotes in hateful books, right? xD

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!