Stacking the Shelves #37: April 19

Sunday 19 April 2015

This Week's Headlines:

Hello, everyone! SPRING IS FINALLY HERE! We have 20 degreed weather, which is 68 degrees Fahrenheit for you Americans, and this is a really good sign! At least now I can walk to and from school without a jacket... and having to see the "S" word! Yeah, snow. *wipes sweat off forehead* The buds are growing in on the trees, the grass is turning greener, and you know what they say, April Showers Bring May Flowers! *dies of cheesiness* The weather is definitely brightening up my mood, I must say. Hopefully the warm weather stays.

At school we've begun to read Romeo and Juliet, and although we've only read one scene, I'M IN LOVE WITH IT AND EVERYTHING. I adore the humour (ew, there's a ton of dirty jokes, though), the writing, the craziness of the poetry, and just everything. I'm so excited to move on with it! Shakespeare may be my new remedy, I tell you. I also finished reading one of the first play adaptations I've ever read, The Diary of Anne Frank! It was amazing! You'll have to catch my review next week! I'll tell you that it really lives onto Anne's real story, you know.

What else? Our midterm report cards came in on Friday (I'm very impressed with my marks, tee hee) which means that there's only half of the semester left until SUMMER VACATION! And, there's 36 days until I leave for NYC for #BEA15! Let's sound the sirens, people!

My Book Haul:



The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson: I seriously love the new edition of this one, especially since it matches my copy of I'll Give You the Sun! I've heard so many gorgeous things about this one... so you'll see a review soon since I'm going for it ASAP.

Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt: Two Way Street was really enjoyable, and I got this one for a great bargain! $4.99? YES! I'm so excited see what it'll hold for me!
The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski: I loved the first book in this series, AND THIS ONE HAS BEEN SUCH AN ANTICIPATED READ FOR ME OF 2015! It's so beautiful, my friends, you all need a copy!

The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige: F. I. N. A. L. L. Y. WHAT DOES THAT SPELL? FINALLY. UGGGHHHHH I enjoyed the first one to the biggest extent, and it was one of my favourite reads of 2014. This one is even more beautiful than what you see as a digital cover and anything you could ever imagine. SOOONNN!


Library books! WOOT. I can't help myself, I tell you!

*Thank you to Chapters, my amazing Canadian bookstore, and to my local library for supplying me with happiness. I love you too much.*

Posts You May Have Missed:

Those are my new additions! What are yours?
How was your week? 

4 comments :

  1. Fun! So many awesome books! And BEA!!! Wow! I'd love to go one day!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul! Especially that selection of library books! I'm really looking forward to reading The Wicked Will Rise, too, but I can't believe the next book won't be out until 2017. I kind of don't want to rush to read it now. Spring has finally arrived this week in Pennsylvania. I thought it never would! By the time BEA is here, it'll probably be 90° though. I can't wait for BEA! I'm probably only going one day because I have to drive to NY for the day. I'm waiting for more author signing info and book drop info. Have a great week, enjoy your books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, every time I go over to the library I just can't handle myself! xD WHAAT?! I actually never knew that it's postponed to '17. Okay, that's heartbreaking. And the thing is, I'M READING IT RIGHT NOW! And it's full of action and everything, and I feel that it's going to end with some sort of crazy suspense. And then I'll die. Wow. Okay. That's great! We're now getting into some windy weather, but it'll stabilize, hah. I AM ANXIOUSLY CHECKING THE WEBSITE EVERYDAY... or hour. ;D Thank you so much Michelle, you too! ^_^

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!