Waiting on Thursday #28: Been Here All Along

Thursday 4 February 2016

Been Here All Along, by Sandy Hall
Publication: August 30, 2016, by Swoon Reads
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, LGBTQ, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 224

Gideon always has a plan. His plans include running for class president, becoming head of the yearbook committee, and having his choice of colleges. They do NOT include falling head over heels for his best friend and next door neighbor, Kyle. It’s a distraction. It’s pointless, as Kyle is already dating the gorgeous and popular head cheerleader, Ruby. And Gideon doesn’t know what to do.

Kyle finally feels like he has a handle on life. He has a wonderful girlfriend, a best friend willing to debate the finer points of Lord of the Rings, and social acceptance as captain of the basketball team. Then, both Ruby and Gideon start acting really weird, just as his spot on the team is threatened, and Kyle can’t quite figure out what he did wrong…

I did Thursday this time because Wednesday did not work out well this week. Anyways. 

This seems beautiful. Although I have not read Sandy's Signs Point to Yes, A Little Something Different was splendid and a jewel. The covers of these novels by Swoon Reads just tears me in, calls me in and actually makes me feel like my name is splattered all over the pages. This is LGBTQ, which is not my favourite-favourite, but IT'S SANDY HALL PEOPLE. I can always find something to relate to. Plus, it's one of those coming-of-age finding yourself novels that will be the best thing ever. I cannot wait. My feelings are exploding. I'm begging you to add this to your TBR even though I had not read it... yet. BEA might spare me a copy this year, I'm praying.

What are you anticipating the most this week? Have you snuck a peek at Sandy Hall's writing in the past?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!