Hearts, Fingers, and Other Things to Cross by Katie Finn // A Cute Ending to This Trilogy

Monday 10 July 2017
Hearts, Fingers, and Other Things to Cross (Broken Hearts and Revenge #3), by Katie Finn
Publication: May 10, 2016, by Feiwel and Friends
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 256
Format: Paperback
Source: Purchased
Rating: 

Gemma and Hallie's world has come to a screeching halt. Their parents are engaged, which makes them step-sisters. Nothing in the world could possibly be worse for Gemma and Hallie--they won't let it happen. Even if it means putting their own feud aside to separate their parents.
Events quickly escalate as a hurricane rips through the Hamptons leaving everyone (including Gemma's two exes, her current crush, best friend, and her nemesis) bottled up in one house. One big, miserable group of exes and enemies together allow secrets to unfold and plans to be plotted. The calm before this storm definitely doesn't exist.
Katie Finn pulls out all the stops for this fast-paced, dramatic conclusion in the Broken Hearts and Revenge series, Hearts, Fingers, and Other Things to Cross.

My Thoughts:

Katie Finn has done it yet again. Hearts, Fingers, and Other Things to Cross is a cute ending to a trilogy that stole my heart three (?) years ago due to its gorgeous cover. If you are a fan of drama, romance and all things summer, this series is for you. Although the first novel from this series was definitely the best and most action-filled, this was a nice break from all of the mature themed books I have been reading lately - for school and not for school. 

To be quite honest, it was difficult for me to let go of Hallie and Gemma's feud and story. SO DIFFICULT. These characters have been part of ever summer with me, however, it was a good ending to the series because I cannot imagine this going any further. It was a perfect finish to this all - I waited so long to find out who Gemma will end up with and if her master plan of breaking her dad up with Hallie's mom will ever work. AND... I won't tell you what will exactly happen, but let's just say that we had a good closure.


At this point, Gemma and Hallie are basically being forced to deal with each other as their parents are getting engaged. This wasn't meant to happen, as Gemma already broke them up years before. However, this sudden revolt shows how they have always had a connection and that they just want to get together. Now, the two girls are teaming up and are starting this whole "breaking up" scheme again, with more drama in the way due to a huge hurricane "ruining" their summer.


The major issue I had with this finale is that it was just so predictable. Everything that I guessed would happened actually happened. If it was so predictable in this sense, then what was the point of a finale actually being written? I wanted everything to be different - not our typical contemporary romance. But this kind of was. In other ways, like the romance, Finn surprised us with her writing tactics and I ended up being pretty fulfilled with how Gemma's love life turned out to be. However, this novel lacked a "wow" factor that would make me squeal and want to give this a perfect, five-star rating.







Hearts, Fingers, and Other Things to Cross by Katie Finn is a great finale to this summery series. As usual, it continues to uphold drama that keeps us going and entertained. Not taking a few flaws into account makes the story so much better. This series is totally recommended by me!

What contemporary series has a great ending?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!