Wanderlost by Jen Malone // I Want to Travel the World Because of This Novel!

Saturday 7 October 2017
Wanderlost, by Jen Malone
Publication: May 31, 2016, by HarperTeen
Format: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 321
Format: Paperback
Source: Purchased
Rating: 

Not all those who wander are lost, but Aubree Sadler most definitely is on this novel’s whirlwind trip through Europe.
Aubree can’t think of a better place to be than in perfectly boring Ohio, and she’s ready for a relaxing summer. But when her older sister, Elizabeth, gets into real trouble, Aubree is talked into taking over Elizabeth’s summer job, leading a group of senior citizens on a bus tour through Europe.
Aubree doesn’t even make it to the first stop in Amsterdam before their perfect plan unravels, leaving her with no phone, no carefully prepared binder full of helpful facts, and an unexpected guest: the tour company owner’s son, Sam. Considering she’s pretending to be Elizabeth, she absolutely shouldn’t fall for him, but she can’t help it, especially with the most romantic European cities as the backdrop for their love story.
But her relationship with Sam is threatening to ruin her relationship with her sister, and she feels like she’s letting both of them down. Aubree knows this trip may show her who she really is—she just hopes she likes where she ends up.

My Thoughts:

For anyone who knows me, I am a travel geek. I want to travel the world, see as many countries as I can, stay in luxury hotels, meet locals, take gorgeous photos, and be happy forever. Those are (some) of my life goals, and I get SO jealous when people are doing all of that. But, of course, to acknowledge my hidden envy, I love reading books that take place in foreign countries. Especially books that take place in multiple countries. Jen Malone did that all for me with the phenomenal Wanderlost. I was introduced to a hilarious plot filled with secrecy, cute boys and destinations I NEED to visit (like Italy, duh), all in the midst of a great story that I will NEVER forget about.


Look at this: I read this book almost two months ago and I remember all of it. What is important to highlight is the author's storyline: this is about an accidental trip to Europe that the protagonist, Aubree, does not want to take part in. I guess you might be questioning AUBREE'S CRAZINESS and how she did not want to go, but THAT AIN'T THE POINT HERE. The point is: Europe. *insert heart, impressed eyes* Aubree takes the place of her sister, Elizabeth, on a tour across Europe. The catch here is: it is a tour for senior citizens, and SHE HAS TO LIE. Why? Because the tour company would never let Aubree do this on her own without any studying and maturity. Elizabeth wants a good reputation, so obviously, she does not tell anyone about this. 

AND BAM. The story begins, and Aubree is whisked off to foreign countries without any knowledge about them, finding that there is a romance waiting for her. And the romance starts with the tour company boss' son.

OOOF. I can imagine your jaw dropping right now. Now you're smiling because you realized I was right, right? Heh. I just want to mention how lovely this story was and how every character was special, important and unforgettable. I loved Sam, THE GORGEOUS love interest (who shared special phone calls with Aubree every night) and all of the senior citizens. There was constant drama, perfect to cause readers to become obsessed and intrigued.



You will love every page, every word that Jen Malone writes. This is a unique story, written by an author who was inspired by her own travels throughout the world. YAY! 






Wanderlost made me so lost in reading and I cannot help but squeal and fangirl. THIS IS A BOOK FOR ANY TIME OF THE YEAR. Go and enjoy it. (Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to find my own Sam!)

What is the best travel-around-the-world book you have read?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!