Born Wicked, by Jessica Spotswood

Thursday 20 June 2013

Title: Born Wicked
Author: Jessica Spotswood
Rating: 4/5 stars
Release Date: January 8, 2013
Publisher: Speak
Format: Paperback
Age Group: 11+



     Bibbiti, boppiti, boo! We have heard of witches and fairies everywhere since we were little children. From the Fairy Godmother in Disney's Cinderella, to the the witches in Wicked, we have seen them all. But, is it true that some may have a curse put on them? Read Born Wicked to find out.

     Born Wicked is one novel that I probably will never forget. From the mystery, to romance, to thrill, we all are in for a great novel for one good sitting. Jessica Spotswood has created a powerful, bright, wicked novel that will cause us wanting more.

     The question is, how good was the plot? Well, that's what I'm here for, to tell you. The plot to me, was utterly mystical. In the beginning, I felt like I was in the mist/fog, fighting my way to get out, in other words, learning about the characters and their pasts. Later on, I found my way out and saw the sunny blue sky, with a few clouds in it. I understood the point of the novel, and its characters. I really enjoyed this book.

     I loved these characters, seriously. There's really no other ones like them. My favourite would probably have to be Tess, I feel that I have a connection with her, she kind of has my personality, and she's the same age as me, 12, (don't tell anyone!) but Maura also happens to love books, Every characters has that special something in them. 

     Having Catherine, "Cate" as the heroine wasn't the best, I felt that I didn't fit in with her, but she's that mysterious type, I think it was good to see things in her eyes. Hopefully, one day, we will get to see the world from other characters' eyes. I'd love to see that happen one day.

    So, overall, I was very pleased with this book, and I think you would be too. It's very much unlike any other novel, so that's good to hear. You feel a relief when you read it, and you'd never doubt, trust me. 


Summary on Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!