The DUFF, by Kody Keplinger

Saturday 22 June 2013

Title: The DUFF
Author: Kody Keplinger
Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Release Date: September 7, 2010
Publisher: Poppy
Format: Paperback
Age Group: 12+


    The Duff is one of those books that you just want. You really can't help yourself, reading the summary, and falling in love with it instantly. This is one that you'll truly remember forever, and way beyond that. 

     I really thought that I would dislike this plot, maybe it would've been boring, and would just keep repeating the same incidents over and over again. Well, it really beat my expectations! This plot was fast-paced, in fact, wayyy too fast-paced, no bad things said. I just wanted to be in the story, the world felt so real, it's totally modern based, in a world exactly like ours.

   Why does Kody Keplinger have to create such an amazing plot? I know, even I am astonished. It's too good to be true, as they say. Every single moment was one to keepsake in your heart, like a true love's kiss, or whatever your big wish may be. This novel was like a fairytale, taken place in the modern world where dreams may not always come true.


    Ahh.. the characters. These were almost a breath of fresh air. I really liked Bianca. She was fun, quirky, and definitely knew right from wrong, most of the time. Then we had Wesley. Hahah. What a disaster he was. Ugh, for some reason, I found myself hating him, a lot. I think his personality really outshone other male character's in this novel, he was like those dudes who think way too fondly of themselves. He probably thought that he was perfection, which he for sure wasn't. I did enjoy the love-hate relationship between the two, and am looking much forward to be reading Kody's other novels, Shutout and A Midsummer's Nightmare.


       This is the novel that you've all been waiting for, that chick-lit novel that you won't be able to put down after reading the first page. Yes! 

   


    

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!