Hunting Lila, by Sarah Alderson

Thursday 18 July 2013

Title: Hunting Lila

Author: Sarah Alderson

Rating: 3/5 stars

Release Date: August 5, 2011

Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 4.12

Age Group: 12+





   


  Oh hello, I didn't see you there. 


  I was trying to keep my mind off this novel, Hunting Lila. What a disgrace!

  Lila lives in upstate London, where she has many problems on her mind, her unusual ability, her feelings for her brother's best friend, and her mother's death. When she gets mugged, Lila heads straight to Los Angeles to her brother, Jack, and hopes for the best to hide away from her problems, and to find Alex. Lila discovers that Jack and Alex work for a secret organization and that they're hunting down the men that killed her mother years before. It all adds up to her finding out the truth..,

   


   I liked the idea of this novel, at least in the beginning. Different and exposing us in what's in the real world, I enjoyed reading the beginning, and how Lila got to where she is. Getting in the middle towards the end, the author really bored me out of my mind.

   


    What was the point here? They knew who the killers were, just finish the story and that's all! Create some other dramatic thing, something that will be useful here!

    Excuse me for my anger, but that's the truth. (The Glee gif up there describes a lot of my emotional feelings here!)

    Lila was a good lead, I can say that. She was an interesting type of girl, and probably one of the main reasons why this book had a three-star rating for me.

   Then we have the males, who really didn't make a difference for me, whatsoever.

   I really don't have much to say about this novel, other than that I wasn't so happy with out it ended up being.


  

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!