A Midsummer's Nightmare, by Kody Keplinger

Friday 30 August 2013

Title: A Midsummer's Nightmare

Author: Kody Keplinger

Rating: 4/5 stars

Release Date: June 5, 2012

Publisher: Poppy

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.87

Age Group: 13+



     After reading Keplinger's The DUFF, I knew that I had to pick up her other novels, because they are perfect for the summer, and I know will become many girls' favourites.

     Whitley Johnson has recently met a hottie guy and may have done some unforgivable things with him, but that doesn't stop her from partying until she can't stop. When she goes to spend the summer with her father and his to-be wife and her two kids, she thinks that the summer can't get any worse. To get all of the pain out, she goes and enjoys herself, right when she has everything that she needs right in front of her eyes.

      This novel wasn't a nightmare, that's what I can see. The story was well developed, where I can see where the author was getting to. From the beginning, it kept on getting better and better until I couldn't put it down completely.

      Just because the story was good, doesn't mean that the characters were. Whitley was one of the worst, brattiest female leads that I have ever read about, and that's probably a reason why the rating went to a four star. Look at the cover, she looks like a total snob, and she really was. I know that the author meant for her to be that way, but I think she overdid it, and created a monster of a character. Ugh.

      So, overall, I thought that this was a cute, summery novel that many girls will enjoy from years to come.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!