The Collector, by Victoria Scott

Friday 17 January 2014




The Collector (Dante Walker #1), by Victoria Scott

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Angels

Other Dante Walker Books

Rating: 3/5 stars










Goodreads Summary: "Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.

Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried."

Review:

  • I knew it from the beginning that this book wouldn't be so good and I was right. It wasn't super enjoyable, but you know, I could stand it.
  • I hated Dante. Ugh. I didn't see anything "flippin' awesome" about him and I needed him to be a better character. He's one of the reasons why I don't want to continue reading this series anymore. He was a snob, and I felt that he didn't deserve any girls or basically anything, whatsoever.
  • I wish that the events were a little more wild and interesting. The whole story itself was cheesy and predictable, and adding in one not so handsome male character in the club wasn't the best thing either.
  • Charlie was a better character than Dante. She had a total different sense of personality and realistic qualities, and she's the reason why this book got a better rating than without her.I liked her a lot and I thought that she deserved better than what's his name, Dante.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!