Waiting on Wednesday #13: Vicarious by Paula Stokes

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Vicarious, by Paula Stokes
Publication: August 16, 2016, by Tor Teen
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Dystopian
Format: Hardcover

Winter Kim and her sister, Rose, have always been inseparable. Together, the two of them survived growing up in a Korean orphanage and being trafficked into the United States. 
Now they work as digital stunt girls for Rose’s ex-boyfriend, Gideon, engaging in dangerous and enticing activities while recording their neural impulses for his Vicarious Sensory Experiences, or ViSEs. Whether it’s bungee jumping, shark diving, or grinding up against celebrities at the city’s hottest dance clubs, Gideon can make it happen for you, for a price.
When Rose disappears and a ViSE recording of her murder is delivered to Gideon, Winter won’t rest until she finds her sister’s killer. But when the clues she uncovers conflict with the neural recordings her sister made, Winter isn’t sure what to believe. To find out what happened to Rose, she’ll have to untangle what’s real from what only seems real, risking her life in the process.

PAULA STOKES IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE AUTHORS. I've read all of her books and they all touch me in the heart. Every time, it's like she writes something completely new! She went from contemporary to thrill and I'm just obsessed. Agh I need more!

What are you anticipating the most this week?

4 comments :

  1. Thus is totally new to me and it sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing it! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only ever read one other Paula Stokes novel and that was Liars Inc. But I really enjoyed that one so I am hoping to read another book of hers soon if I can in time! I like the sound of this one as well, so thanks for making me aware of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liars Inc. was amazing, and now we even have to wait for this and her other new HarperTeen 2016 book, Girl Against the Universe! SHE IS AN AMAZING WRITER! This = sci-fi = perfection is the way I see this! XD

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!