Word on the Street 2015 Recap

Friday 23 October 2015


I recently headed over to a wonderful, free book festival downtown Toronto in the harbourfront called Word on the Street! This is my second time attending, and I was more excited than ever for a new year of cheap books, interesting excerpts from authors I've never heard about and of course... the stunning view of Lake Ontario! (Seriously, you missed a lot if you attended but didn't go out to see the view. Poor you.)


I only spent a few hours there, less than last time, but it was quick, much more organized than last year and a complete blast! I found a lot of books on bargain for good prices, and yes, I will be discussing my haul below! 

Back when this event happened, the weather was gorgeous. UGH.
The team who made everything possible were awesome, though I wish that they had a broader selection of Canadian YA authors visiting! MORGAN RHODES, WHERE WERE YOU? *cries* I didn't really head to any autographing or events like that, but I definitely would have if there was more time, and less chaos.


The. Most. Beautiful. BOOK HAUL EVER, RIGHT?

Well seriously, let's make this haul happen every single day. Here's a list on Goodreads where I actually added all of these books: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/92938.Beautiful_Covers_That_I_Just_Can_t_Wait_to_Fall_In_Love_With YOU ALL NEED THEM AND I CAN'T WAIT TO START READING THEM. 

I wish I could've gotten the chance to take more photos and feel more calm at this event, but it was stressful—SO MANY PEOPLE. Thank you, WOTS for a fantastic event and I'm already prepping myself for next year! (Harlequin, thank you for that amazing deal: 3 books for $5!)

Have you read any of the books I got? Do you have any free book events in your community?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!