Waiting on Wednesday #18: My Lady Jane

Wednesday 4 November 2015

My Lady Jane, by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows
Publication: June 7, 2016, by HarperTeen
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, History, Fantasy, Retelling
Pages: 512
Format: Hardcover


For fans of The Princess Bride comes the comical, fantastical, romantical, (not) entirely true story of Lady Jane Grey.
Lady Jane Grey, sixteen, is about to be married to a total stranger—and caught up in an insidious plot to rob her cousin, King Edward, of his throne. But that’s the least of Jane’s problems. She’s about to become Queen of England. Like that could go wrong.

I need this book in my life. Historical, fantasy, retelling books are just a BIG part of my life and this is written by some of the best YA authors out there who have basically written about it all: fantasy, romance and angels. Although, this one has nothing to do with angels. Princess Bride? This sounds like the coolest thing ever and I need 2016 to come quicker! WHY MUST THE COVERS BE AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS!?

What are you anticipating the most this week?

 

4 comments :

  1. Yes, I totally need this! I love those authors and it sounds wonderful! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read the full synopsis of this, and I was under the impression that this was a contemporary spoof! Wow this sounds great, but I don't think the cover really matches... Nice pick

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! The cover is pretty, but yeah, it doesn't match what the story is about very well. :)

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!